Sunday, December 25, 2005

Joyeux Noël!

I'm visiting my family here in Québec, Canada, and it is wonderful to see everybody!

Our tables are filled with "victuailles", enough for an army (when there is only six of us). Tourtières (French Canadian meat pies) take center stage. They are surrounded by ragoût de pattes de cochon (pig's hock stew), turkey, and, bien sûr, la bûche de Noël.

My mother spent hours cooking up everything and I wish I had been with her. I heard about it all over the phone, during one of our many Saturday morning conversations. Oh well... one day I'll have a family and I'll be cooking up a storm for them.

The traditional French-Canadian recipes will follow shortly. Joyeux Noël à tous!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear big sister!!!

It is such a pleasure to have you over for the Holidays!

I hope you have a great time eating all that food!!!

I'm sure your blog will be a total hit!!

Enjoy the Holidays!

I'm sure I will enjoy reading your blog, it will be like reading my older sister's journal! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Merry Christmas!
Your little sister
xxx

December 25, 2005 4:51 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to reading your traditional French-Canadian recipes and more...Good luck with your blog.
Gwen

January 04, 2006 9:48 a.m.  
Blogger MagicTofu said...

Joyeux Noel a toi aussi... avec un peu de retard!

January 09, 2006 2:15 a.m.  
Blogger Louise said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

January 09, 2006 10:51 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home