Miso-Maple-Ginger marinated salmon
Quick dinner idea, for a meal ready in 30 minutes flat.
1. Ask spouse to thaw salmon during the afternoon (that is, if spouse is at home, and if you forgot to take the salmon out of the freezer in the morning).
2. When you come home, mix 2 tbsp. light miso, 4 tbsp. maple syrup and a generous tablespoon of finely grated ginger. Add the salmon portions and let marinate for about 20 minutes.
3. While the salmon marinates, clean spinach and place them in steamer.
3. Light up the gril and, when it is very hot, start cooking the salmon. Meanwhile, steam the spinach. Everything should be ready about at the same time.
Enjoy! (and we did!)
Notes to self:
1. That makes a lot of marinade - enough for probably 6 portions.
2. The marinade is quite sweet, almost candy-like - next time, I'll use a bit less of maple syrup.
3. Leftover cooked salmon is great in a green salad dressed with a lemon-olive oil vinaigrette.